Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Finding the Missing Piece - Borowski Glass Studio Exhibition

Published exclusively in this site on 4 May 2011.


Looking for that missing centerpiece in your living room? I might have just stumbled into it at Harbour City.





Gallery by the Harbour had always displayed intriguing art work for their shoppers, and it is no different this time. The Art Exhibition by Borowski Glass Studio attracted both adults and children alike in exploring the techniques of glassmaking. There was a video on site showing how the glasswares were shaped, which reminded me a lot of my trip to Murano.

The Borowski Glass Studio is a German family venture, which is renowned for its distinctively handmade contemporary glass sculptures. I love their use of vibrant colors and bold structures, making me feel like being dropped into an African Safari.


This pelican reminded me of my family friend, Susanne, who use to live in the Pelican Key at St. Maarten.


The pig made me thought of Jasmine, who is rather fond of pigs, and made her own collection of ceramic pigs.


The exhibition will be on till 8 May 2011, so remember to drop by on Buddha's Birthday to pick up your missing piece.

Blog Archive